Cava Packager allows packaging of applications written in Perl. Packaged applications can be distributed without the need for an installation of Perl on the target machine. Cava Packager is currently distributed under a free to use license.
It is recommended that you use Citrus Perl to build your applications but other builds and distributions of Perl may also work.
Supported Perl Versions
Threaded Perl with a shared libperl 5.8, 5.10, 5.12, 5.14, 5.16
Supported Operating Systems
- MS Windows XP and later 32 and 64 bit.
- Linux 32 and 64 bit - minimum glibc 2.5, GTK+ 2.10, libstdc++6.
- Linux 32 bit RHEL 3 and 4.
- Mac OSX 10.4 and 10.5 - ppc and i386.
- Mac OSX 10.6, 10.7, 10.8 - i386 and x86_64 ( 64 bit for Perl 5.16 only ).
The application help is also provided online.
For MS Windows and Linux, the application download is an installer executable that you should run.
For Mac OSX, the application is provided as a dmg image. You can drag the application from the dmg to your choice of destination.